Samsung Malaysia is joining forces with Axiata Digital eCode Sdn Bhd to integrate Boost e-wallet into Samsung Pay, the all-in-one mobile payment platform that debuted in Malaysia back in 2017. This integration enables Samsung Pay users to easily conduct cashless payments with cash merchants and small business owners even if they do not have a physical credit, debit or prepaid card.
By scanning QR code, customers with Premium Wallet can also share bills using Samsung Pay when using Boost’s functionality for peer-to-peer money transfers in the app. Topping up your e-wallet is a breeze as it can be done all within the app through Visa, Mastercard, AMEX cards or online banking. You will not only earn Boost Coins but also Samsung Reward Points when you transact with Boost QR Payment.
To link your Boost account to Samsung Pay, just follow these steps:
- Step 1: Install Samsung Pay and sign in to your Samsung Account
- Step 2: Register your fingerprint or iris and create a 4-digit PIN to secure your payment
- Step 3: Add Boost QR card by registering for a new account or link your existing Boost account
- Step 4: Add money with credit/debit cards or via online banking. Upgrade to Premium wallet for higher limit.
- Step 5: Scan QR to launch your camera to scan QR code for payment
- Step 6: Show your QR code and authenticate with fingerprint or Boost PIN to make payment or receive money
Samsung Pay is supported on a number of Samsung smartphones which include all their recent flagship devices and most of the Galaxy A series phones. A few wearables such as the Galaxy Watch and Gear Sport also offer support. You can check the full list of compatibility here.